November 21, 2014
Come for the Joker talk. Stay for the pet crow.
It’s nearly been two weeks since it was reported that Jared Leto was “circling” the role of the Joker in “Suicide Squad,” DC’s supervillain-filled take on “The Dirty Dozen,” and we haven’t heard much beyond the initial talk.
So we decided to go to the man himself.
When MTV spoke with Leto about the upcoming Thirty Seconds to Mars documentary series “Into the Wild,” we asked him if there is any truth to the Joker talk, and this is what he had to say…
November 18, 2014
Hey there! We are giving away THREE, yes THREE, Season Passes for #IntoTheWildOnVyRT, the 30 Seconds To Mars Original Series.
To enter, you must:
- Like us on Facebook;
- Follow us on Twitter, at @CiMarsLover;
- Follow our Team Leader, at @Cinzia_Leto;
- Tweet us or leave a comment on Facebook answering the question: "Why do you want to win?"
The winners will be announced on Friday 28th.
We are giving away also a VIP Season Pass, sponsored by our friend Jennifer Dunlap, @echelon1969 on Twitter.
To qualify for a free VIP Season Pass to #VyRTIntoTheWild, you must:
- Get your local radio station to mention on the air that 30 Seconds to Mars will be launching a new Web series about their award-winning, record-breaking tour "Into the Wild" on VyRT; OR
- Get the VyRT series posted as an event on your local radio station's or newspaper's online Events calendar for the entire series (each Sunday, with link to VyRT).
The winner will be the FIRST person who can prove they have done this by providing:
- An audio recording of the promotion on the radio; OR
- Written documentation from the radio station that they promoted "Into the Wild" on VyRT on the air (by email is fine, if can be verified); OR
- A screen grab showing the radio station's or newspaper's online calendar, with "Into the Wild" posted as a repeating event.
In the event of a tie (proof submitted within < one minute of one another), a drawing will be done between the two finalists, with the runner up receiving a regular Season Pass.
Hurry up, the contest will run until November 30th, but if someone will complete the mission earlier, and we really believe it' ll be like that, we' ll announce the winner immediately!
November 17, 2014
More than any city in the world, Los Angeles defines creativity. It is shaped by a massive entertainment industry, storied creative agencies and a burgeoning maker and startup culture. But its creative energy also is driven by the powerful intangibles of optimism and renewal. And with digital technology linking it not only to Chicago and New York but also South America and Asia, L.A. will only grow as the world’s creative center. That’s why Adweek last month invited a group at the heart of this business and city to discuss opportunities and challenges of living and working among the most creative doers and dreamers.
November 12, 2014
November 11, 2014
New doc series 'Into the Wild' picks up where Mars' acclaimed 'Artifact' film ends – literally.
Jared Leto is rattling off last month's itinerary, and he's getting confused. "We just finished up a tour of Latin America; everywhere from Ecuador to Costa Rica to Chile to Brazil to Paraguay to Argentina," he says. "Then I came back to L.A. for a day, then I went to New York, then I came back to L.A., then I went to New Orleans, then I went back to L.A. and then I went to San Francisco for a day.