July 04, 2011

GQ&A: Jared Leto Interview for Hugo Just Different fragrance






Like Frank Sinatra famously before him, Jared Leto has a cold. But the actor turned 30 Seconds To Mars frontman is soldiering on nevertheless in the basement of an Amsterdam interior design store. Last night over a Blumenthalian dinner (soup that looked like Heineken, a main course that looked like sweets, a dessert that looked like spaghetti Bolognese) in the WesterUnie nightclub he was unveiled to the assembled international men's grooming press as the face of new fragrance Hugo Just Different, along with a Jonas Ã…kerlund-directed TV advert. Here Leto talks to GQ.com about his David Fincher-directed Siegfried & Roy biopic, doing karaoke with Courtney Love and the strangest gift he's ever received from a fan...

What's the most important item on the 30 Seconds To Mars rider?
We have a very simple rider. It consists of: water, almond milk, fresh fruits and nuts and some ginger. Why ginger? It's good for your throat and voice. We slice it up. That's our big fancy rock'n'roll rider. [laughs]

What's your karaoke song?
I only did karaoke once in my life. It was with Courtney Love and it was a total disaster. She pulled me on stage in front of 500 people at a wedding. I'd never done karaoke before. I just looked at the list, I had no time to decide and the first song I saw was "Eye Of The Tiger". Everyone knows the melody a little bit [sings]: "Eye Of The Tiger, da-da-da-da-da-da…" but I didn't know any of the rest of the song. I'd never in my life read the words before. Terrible. I went down in flames. I never did it again. Fortunately it didn't scar me… I'm on stage most nights of the week so I don't really feel a need or desire to do karaoke so much.

Would you let one of your songs be used on Glee?
I don't know. Different strokes for different folks. I've never really thought about it before. But people asking to use your song is a compliment. It's nice if people ask to use your song. You have to make a decision as an artist how you feel about that. But there's certainly no requirement to let your song be used. Sometimes the songs are just used and you don't have much to say about it depending where it's used. But it's nicer when you're asked permission.


Read more on GQ Magazine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...