December 13, 2013

Jared Leto: I'm private


Cover Media – Wed, Dec 11, 2013 8:30 AM MYT

Jared Leto is a "private person" who is no "reality star".

The actor and Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman initially found fame after appearing in '90s TV show My So-Called Life alongside Claire Danes. Even now he can't come to terms with being so recognisable and sometimes wonders why his life has turned out in such a way.

"I'm actually a very private person. If you read between the lines, you're only going to find more lines," he told Nylon Guys.

"I'm not a reality star. I went to art school. I thought I would be an artist. That's all I really wanted to share with people. I still feel the same way."

Jared took some time out from filmmaking to focus on his band, but is now back with Oscar-tipped release Dallas Buyers Club. He portrays an HIV positive transsexual called Rayon and is widely expected to be nominated for the best supporting actor Academy Award.

The 41-year-old star lost weight for the role, slimming to 113lbs. He also stayed in character even when not on camera to really get into the part, revealing the shock he caused when he went food shopping while dressed as a woman.

"There was a time when I walked through the Whole Foods, and I remember getting three distinct looks: The first was, 'Who is that?' The second was, 'What is that?' And the third was, 'I don't know what the f**k that is and I don't like that. That's disgusting,'" he recalled.

"And it was great to get all of those things. Especially the third one - to feel the condemnation and the judgment. That was important."

Jared is shocked by the praise he has won for his portrayal and never expected to be so lauded by industry experts.

"I never thought in a million years I would be mentioned with either 'buzz' or 'Oscar '. It's completely mind-blowing," he admitted.

"You don’t do it for that, but buzz is an indication that something worked. Like, maybe this one won't be a heartbreak."

Dallas Buyers Club also stars Matthew McConaughey as Ron Woodroof, who turned to drug smuggling after discovering he was HIV positive but couldn't get the medication he needed.

© Cover Media


Source: Yahoo!.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...